Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7 ~ Day 127 - Racing day!

Location: Belmont Park
I gave Mr.U company at Belmont Park. First Saturday of May is Kentucky Derby which is broadcasted live on TV.  The race is run in Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky.  We went to Belmont race track to watch the simulcast and watch some live racing at Belmont Park.  I got a little bored as I am not interested in horse racing.  I should have taken my IPad to entertain myself.  I did bet $20 on Derby race, $15 on another race in Churchill Downs and no luck in both the races. :(

Kentucky Derby is one of the biggest races in horse racing and the first in the triple crown races. Triple crown in horse racing is similar to grand slam in tennis. The second race of the Triple Crown is Preakness Steaks which is 2 weeks after Kentucky Derby, on 3rd Saturday in May in Baltimore. Third race is Belmont Steaks, 3 weeks from Preakness in Belmont Park, NY.   No horse has won a Triple Crown, all three races; Kentucky Derby, Preakness Steaks and the Belmont Steaks in a single year, since 1978.

This day, last year

No comments:

Post a Comment