Saturday, April 1, 2017

Apr 1 - A for Abstract #AtoZChallenge

For the past three years, every year I did a month long cooking marathon in April with my blogging group. Last year our theme was A-Z cooking, hence joined A-Z challenge as well. Even this year, by blogging group is doing A-Z baking challenge but I decided to sit out. However, I did not feel like skipping A-Z challenge and was planning to do this challenge despite skipping the baking marathon. However, I got distracted with lot of other stuff and did not prepare for this challenge. I was unsure if I can participate with very little preparation. I almost drop the idea of doing this challenge however, I could not resist. Here I am, un-prepared with no proper list and no scheduled posts. Well, isn't it lot more challenging and fun doing a challenge with no planning what so ever? So here I am, jumping into the challenge in the last minute! Wish me luck and hope to finish it to the end.

Since this is a photo blog, the theme is obviously photography. I shall try to focus on different types of photography in an alphabetical order.

A is for abstract photography. It is difficult to define abstract photography. Just like abstract art, abstract photography is way of expressing ideas using lines, patterns, textures, colors and more. The subject in the photos are often out of focus or details are deliberately eliminated to intrigue the viewer. There is no right and wrong way to photograph abstract photos and if the viewer says wow, that is a beautiful photo! What is it? Then you have succeeded in taking an abstract photo! And I hope succeeded as well! :)

Update - I first picked the above image but now I like the below one as well. The second looks more abstract than the first. So posting this as well.
Camera: Sony RX 100 iii
Picture of the day in 2015: Food
Picture of the day in 2012: Frame
Picture of the day in 2011: Playing cards

3 comments:

  1. Well, it is beautiful and I'm not sure what it is, although it looks a bit like my patio tile. I'll come back because I love great photos almost as much as I love great books!

    April Fools' Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to play in the challenge and in a way that suits you. Great photos. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete