Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 8 - Day 189: From One World Trade Center

One World observatory opened on 29th May and this was my first visit there. The elevator takes us to the 102nd floor and there is a short film on Manhattan. Then the curtain raises for the magnificent view of Manhattan, East River, Hudson River and the bridges connecting to Manhattan. But this magnificent view is only for few seconds and before you know the curtain falls. I was disappointed as I was distracted and could not see the view properly. I felt I wasted my $34 for nothing. Then we were directed to 100th floor where we had plenty of time to see the panoramic view. However, unlike Empire State's 86th floor observatory deck, this deck is closed with big glass walls. The view was good but could not take good pictures. If you happen to visit 911 memorial, do go to One World Observatory. The view from the observatory is worth watching.

Picture of the day in 2013: Architecture # 1
Picture of the day in 2012: B&W # 9 - Texture
Picture of the day in 2011: Red cherries
Picture of the day in 2010: Airborne

No comments:

Post a Comment